CAREERS AT SHACA
Group Health and Safety Manager
As part of the Shaca Group’s ongoing commitment to ensuring industry leading standards in matters of health, safety and environment, we presently have an opportunity for a Health, Safety & Sustainability Advisor to cover the London region.
You will be based at our head office in London Colney, Hertfordshire, but please note that much of your time will be spent on our various sites across London.
The ideal applicant will preferably have practical experience of acting as a full time Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor in the construction industry, though all applicants will be considered.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Advise sites on Project-specific health, safety and environment issues.
- Develop and oversee implementation of RAMS with the managers on site.
- Actively identify areas for improvement and contribute to plans aimed at reducing the occurrence of incidents.
- Ensure that site teams are proactive, up to date and comply with current health, safety and environmental legislation, best practice and Company standards.
- Undertake monitoring of the health, safety and the environment processes.
- Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish the root cause and preventative measures.
- Develop and maintain a ‘continuous improvement’ ethos in the approach to health, safety and environmental issues and support the Group’s Behavioural policy.
- Ensure site-based management are focused on delivering a safe and healthy working environment.
- Develop site wide training programmes and matrixes to improve engagement with our clients.
- Investigating site safety and environmental audits along with safety inspections.
- Additional duties to be discussed at interview stage.
Apply to email@example.com